01 Mar Faith & Food Justice Forum I: Michelle Lewis & Richard Garcia
Faith & Food Justice - Speakers and Resources
Recording of the Faith & Food Justice Forum on February 25, 2021.
Content & Speakers
- Richard D. Garcia, Co-Founder | Executive Director ALMA Backyard Farms
- Rev. Dr. Michelle Lewis, Founder | Executive Director Peace Gardens Project, Executive Director Life Around the Table
- Central American Lord’s Prayer
- Soul Fire Farm
- Detroit Black Community Food Security Network
- Reparations: Organizations to Support
- YES! Media: What an Ecological Civilization Looks Like, Spring 2021
Talks / Videos
- Malik Yakini- Creating a Just & Equitable Food System
- Leah Penniman – Farming While Black: African Diasporic Wisdom for Farming and Food Justice
- Farm to Church- Connecting Farmers of Color with Local Congregations
- Soul Fire Farm Food Sovereignty Action Steps
- Farmer’s Markets & Faith Community Partnerships
Video Time Codes
00:00:00 Welcome and Opening Prayer
00:03:55 Speaker Introductions
00:08:00 Peace Garden Project
00:13:30 Alma Backyard Farms
00:20:40 What does Food Justice mean to you?
00:26:10 How has your faith grown from working in food justice?
00:37:20 Food pantry challenges and alternatives
00:46:10 Practical tips & questions
01:02:30 Next steps and closing
Growing Together Pilot Program Recordings
- Growing Together Session 1: Faith, Science and Creation Care
- Growing Together Session 2: Eating – Food, Faith & Science
- Growing Together Session 3: Purchasing – Living Simply & Justly.
- Growing Together Session 4: Regeneration – Soil, Compost, & Landfills.
- Growing Together Session 5: Pulling it Together
- Faith and Food Justice Forum I: Michelle Lewis & Richard Garcia
- Faith and Food Justice Forum II: Theology of Fannie Lou Hamer, a conversation with Dr. Karen Crozier